Monday, April 7, 2008

Working with the build system

After reading over the Bakefile documentation I inserted the WebOpenGL filenames into the appropriate file. However, the build system did not pick up the new files. Also, the build started to fail on a file which I did not edit. I reverted the changes that I had made to ensure that it wasn't caused by anything that I had done. However, the build still failed. After several tries I decided to start up again with a clean copy of WebKit. I saved the files I had changed and the ones I had created and downloaded the WebKit source code again. This took about an hour. I then built WebKit using the clean source and it worked fine although it took about another hour.
After some more reading I realized that WebKit was being build on my machine using qmake. This required a different set of files to be edited. I inserted the appropriate entries into the files and was happy to see that the build system did pick up the new WebOpenGL files.
The first build error I got referred to a missing reference on the webOpenGLTag variable. I soon realized that all the HTML tag names were declared in a file called HTMLTagNames.in. I added the entry webOpenGL to this file and was able to get pass the build error. The second error referred to a missing method name reference.
The next step is to find out where this error is coming from, fix it and hopefully complete the build.

No comments: